One blog contains false information about me many years ago. Can I request that such information be removed from the blog?

Yes, it can be requested. To do this, you must submit a request to the blogger to stop processing your personal information. This issue is governed by Regulation (EU) No 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council (General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR). Pursuant to that Regulation, the data subject has the right to request that the controller delete personal data concerning him or her without undue delay. The controller shall be obliged to delete personal data if at least one of the following circumstances applies: (a) the personal data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected or otherwise processed; (b) the data subject withdraws his or her consent to the processing; (c) the data subject objects to the processing of personal data and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for processing, or the data subject objects to the processing of personal data. If the blog owner refuses to comply with your request, you can turn to the Data Protection Inspectorate, for example, to protect your rights.

Contact our Law office

We offer our customers the most suitable legal solutions, contributing to expertise and personal approach.

Contact us